Hi Kolling parents! As most of you know, Kolling participates in the Box Tops for Education program. When you buy products that have the Box Tops label, you can cut out the label, send it to school and Kolling will make money by mailing the labels in. Kolling raised over $2000 last year! So here’s how you can help:
- Cut out your Box Tops labels, put them in a sandwich bag or envelope labeled with your child’s name, teacher, and grade and send them to school with your child.
- The student who turns in the most Box Tops for the month will receive a $10 Target Gift Card.
- The grade level that turns in the most Box Tops during the entire school year will receive a prize at the end of the year.
- You will be notified of contest deadlines the week prior in Mrs. Cruz’s weekly email. Feel free to send in your Box Tops at any time.
Thanks for your help!
Colleen Romeli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kolling teachers would like to encourage parents to support Dreambox usage at home. Dreambox is an online resource that allows students to practice important mathematical concepts in a way that adjust to each child’s unique learning needs. You can access Dreambox through the Kolling website under Academics Tab – your child will be able to navigate the rest. When your child uses Dreambox at home, there are 2 important ways you can help:
- Make sure your child is actually practicing the math concepts and not in the game or shopping sections of the program.
- Do not help your child answer questions. The program is designed to adjust based on what the student knows or does not know. We want children to get questions right that they do know, and get questions wrong that they do not know. This allows the program to adjust in order to meet your child’s needs. Student performance does not impact their grades or teacher accountability in any way, so please let them work through the program on their own. Here is a short video on how the program works: http://www.dreambox.com/intelligent-adaptive-learning/
LC Drug Prevention Information Events for Parents
Your Choice Prevention Education will be returning to the Lake Central School Corporation and offering 2 parent information events this year. Playground to Pills will be on the evening of September 19th and Stairway to Heroin will return on the evening of October 10th. These are 2 powerful and informative presentations for parents designed to help parents be preventative. For more information, please see the attached flyer here: Playground to Pills and Stairway to Heroin Flyer.pdf
Fall Break – No School
There will be no school October 26th and 27th as this is Lake Central’s Fall Break.
There will be no school November 23rd and 24th in observance of Thanksgiving.
There will be no school during Lake Central’s Winter Break, which is scheduled December 22nd – January 5th.
Important Test Dates
Below is a list of important test dates for state testing. We ask that you plan in advance to make sure that your child is here during these testing windows. Please add these dates to your calendar and do your best to avoid scheduling doctor appointments or other events that would keep your child out of school on these days.
- February 26th – March 9th ISTEP Part 1 of 2 (grades 3-8)
- March 12th – March 16th IREAD-3 (3rd grade only)
- April 16th – May 4th ISTEP Part 2 of 2 (grades 3-8)